Thursday, January 18, 2007

I wish I had something really positive to say, but I'm forced to make do with what I've got. Hmmm, must be a song in there somewhere.

Jim came in and informed me today that he was disappointed in the way I performed on his last roadway project. Big surprise. Yada yada yada.....things in my life kept me from performing to his expectations, etc. Too bad. I'm learning, 16 years in to this career, that there is no way that I can please everyone. I'm so trying not to be so hard on myself that I end up whimpering in the corner. No more "life" excuses. I'm going to do my work to the level that I can submit with a clear conscience, and that the client will pay for. My work is fine, has always been fine, and is certainly worth what the client pays us. End of story.

Maybe this is a positive post.

Courtesy of Bill, I'm going to go find and re-read Catch-22. Its been at least 35 years(!) since I've read the book in high school. Think I'll pick up anything I missed then?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment