Monday, May 22, 2006

So now I'm writing on my blog at work. It must mean I have something to say, or else its yet another way to avoid having to concentrate on work. More on that later.

The weekend has come and gone, with some new insights to add to my quiver. I spent most of Saturday in a pretty introspective mood. It was a sort of dark mood, but it wasn't really down. More introspective than anything, with a lot of emphasis on trying to move past mistakes I've made lately and the self esteem consequences of those mistakes.

Sunday was much better for me, far worse for Beth. She had probably the most intense session of grief and anger regarding her mom, her past employment and her brothers that I have yet seen. She mentioned depression to the point of suicide. Other topics included the still unsettled issue of why Larry got the china and she didn't. She felt like her brothers disrespected her by not believing that her mom told her she could have the china. She will, I'm convinced, carry this forward to the point of a total rupture in her relationships with the bros. Especially with Josh. I wish her peace, but I don't know if my wife knows how to reach for an internal resolution or accept that which she cannot change. Not that I can, but I do know I can at least see the path.

Onward.

Things seemed better for Beth this morning. I want to support her, and I will. I got out of this weekend reasonably unscathed, since her anger was pointed elsewhere. It's nice not to be in the line of fire. Lo siento mucho, Larry y Josh.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment