Saturday, May 13, 2006

So have you heard the one about the engineer that didn't finish anything and was finally plowed over by a large scraper? Didn't think so. And like any other engineer jokes, its not really funny.

I made some progress this week both at work and with my health. The UTI has finally cleared up. I'm amazed at how shitty a person can feel just being a little sick.

Work has gone somewhat better, in that something I suggested a year ago was finally accepted as being the correct course of action. Maybe I just have to speak louder next time. Rich and I spent most of the day last Thursday and Friday negotiating a simple contract with the State Interstate Stream Commission to build a pipeline that would supplement the water in the Pecos River. What a pain in the ass.

I got a call from an old friend, Roy Robinson from the Water Authority yesterday. Roy offered me a job at the City of Alb. right after I finished up grad school, but I had already committed to the Forest Service. This might be the time to check in with Roy about maybe, just maybe, finishing up my career at the water authority. Hmmmmm....that sounds so tempting. No more billable hours, no more having to kiss clients' asses, no more fighting for my projects and having to absorb all shit that comes from having mistakes on a plan set. Maybe an I-ching is in order.

Beth is out of town this coming week. I'm looking forward to a bit of solo time, and maybe even get enough energy together to throw some stuff out and clean up the garage.

I still need to start my exercise routine back up for the summer. Its weird how easy it becomes to be lazy, hang out, play DM, etc. My new Buddha conscience tells me that I should indeed strive to become as healthy as possible, but I shouldn't be guilty about procrastinating. I need to keep reading Lama Surya Das's book. I am encouraged that at least try to meditate when things get overly stressful. I have definitely had a realization of how I act sometimes when I'm with Beth. Strange motivations sometimes, almost bordering on spiteful. Weird. I don't want to be a spiteful person, so I guess I won't.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment