Saturday, February 17, 2007

And so ends a short week for me. I took Friday off. Still have no billable work, which is starting to get on my nerves some. Hopefully the proposal I finished up last week will be fruitful. If so, it needs to at least multiply, and maybe do some basic integers.

I am truly bummed that my attitude caused a minor rift between me and Ruan. He is the last guy I want to be pissed at me. I value all our candid conversations, and maybe that's all this was. He and I have shared a lot of life, even though he grew up in Santa Fe. I need to watch my mouth and keep from griping so much. It does affect everyone, and maybe my friends even more. Damn those Cancers!!

I have managed to get to work on time, and damn does it feel good. The day goes bye faster and I don't have so many guilt trips about not being there, etc. The proposal I wrote is pretty good, and I'd bet we get at least an interview. Once I get my foot in the door, our chances of landing the job get pretty good. We could make some money on an interesting project and maybe I can retreat to the shadows a little.

Its a beautiful Saturday, still a little cold and some snow on the ground on the north side. There has been so much snow this year, and its actually been sticking around. I am enjoying the wet weather and hoping that some of the long term predictions about increased drought in the SW are overly pessimistic. Maybe a cycle ride is in the works. LOL...yeah, my lazy ass exercise? Stranger things have happened.

Its time to embark on a house cleaning journey. I'd like to get some crap on e-bay and start emptying the closets.

It's gone, I hope. I sold the Jeep today to one of Jim Thomte's friends. I took a bath on it, with all the money and upgrades I made. Oh well, its money I didn't have and we could use some cash inflow right about now. Pay off some bills.

A Tom Tomorrow follows.

Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment